Steel cord belts are preferred to textile plied or solid-woven conveyor belts in the following situations:
– when the required tensile strength is high and the conveyor is narrow. The superior troughing capabilities of steel cord belt
are suited to conveyors typically found in long overland conveyor systems, such as those between a mine and a power plant
or steel works or tunnelling projects.
– when a very low elongation of the belt is required.
– when the life expectancy for the belt is the prime objective.
– when loading and transport conditions are compatible.
The belt ranges from a standard ST630 N/mm to a ST5400 N/mm
A Firemaster-ST conveyor belt is composed of:
– Steel Cables placed at a constant pitch across the width of the belt.
– A special rubber-bonding layer to the cables and to the rubber covers.
– Top and bottom rubber covers.
The manufacture of a steel cord belt requires a heavy-duty steel cord production line together with an experienced, knowledgeable production team. DEPREUX Firemaster-ST belts are the result of 80 years experience.
Steel cable construction:
Firemaster-ST utilizes the open type steel cord construction that allows the rubber to penetrate fully into the cable, which is a
guarantee of the longevity for the belt. This technique optimises the adhesion and minimises corrosion to the steel cords in
the case of damage to the belt.
Open steel cables also oer characteristics that enhance the impact absorption capability of the belt and makes for easy
transition between the troughed position of the belt to at and vice versa.
The steel cables are also protected against corrosion with special zinc plating.
Different bonding layer and cover combinations:
The bonding layer is a key part of steel-cord belt. It has to be formulated to have:
– Good penetration in the cable
– Good adhesion with the cable
– Good adhesion with the cables, even after ageing
– Good adhesion with the cables even after the dynamic stresses of the conveyor operation